Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day & A New Friend

Krysten and I had a lovely Mother's Day last weekend, although I forgot to bring my camera to our Mother's Day celebration at my grandparents house, so there are only a few pictures that I stole from mom Mom (I'm really not sure why they are coming out smaller than usual). We were able to spend the entire day together and have fun.


Krysten had fun playing on the swing set in Nana & Papa's backyard.


Grandma was in Heaven holding her two grandchildren ...
... as was Nana too.


Mary and I were very happy to celebrate our first Mother's Day as Moms together too.

Today brought an extra special treat as we were able to spend some time with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Kayra, who was in town for a visit. Kayra and I have been friends since the 2nd grade and have a ton of great memories together. She now lives in California with her husband and their two daughters, but was in Naperville for a visit this week. We were excited for Krysten to meet Kayra's daughter Sienna, who is 11 months older than Krysten. We had a very nice visit, although too short and kind of crazy with two toddlers and two infants hanging around (Kayra has a 2-month old daughter, Scarlette, and Jeffrey was there too), but the girls had fun playing outside together.
The last time Kayra and I were able to see each other Sienna was only 4 months old and I was barely pregnant with Krysten ... my how time flies. Hopefully it won't be another two years before we can do this again!

No comments: